Friday, October 07, 2005

Working again

10/7/05
No photo to post yet, but at this moment I am working on my laptop in Peet’s Coffee, a coffee house in the Hillcrest district of San Diego near UCSD. I am here for a few days while Rio does the Landmark Forum for Young People, a course about life. We drove out last night and are staying here together for 3 days, then we will head off to Mexico (again).

Now here’s the amazing, new-millennium part of this… I have a question about formatting of an item in the curriculum I write, so I pick up my no-roaming, no-long-distance cell phone and call one of my goes-to-the-office-every day “co-workers,” and ask him my question. I get my answer, he probably wonders why it sounds loud and echo-y like I’m in a bar, but he doesn’t ask. I have my answer that quickly, and I am back to work. He’s on the west side of Phoenix in a cubicle, I’m in San Diego in a coffee house, and I have access to everything I need.

I don’t know if I did anything to deserve this, but I’m grateful for it…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home